Skoči na vsebino

Assetto Corsa

mAxL

Ni porsche, Dorsche je :D

Mazda je pa vhodna fora v dirkanje, zato tut slabši lahko več al manj podobno odpeljejo kot boljši in je za to več dirkanja kot, če bi vam dal na fun dirko Lotusa od Ayrtona, ker bi bil Terzić 5 sekund/krog pred dirkačom, ki se ponavadi vozi od 5-10 mesta. 

edit: saj so tut orignalni kakšni počasnejši, ampak so povečini cestni lotusi... 

Uredil - PEK
  • Odgovori 7,1k
  • Created
  • Zadnji odgovor

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okayama je zrihtana in je vam na voljo tukaj. Povejte svoje mnenje, da vidm kaj mi je uspelo narediti v 9 mesecih.

Lep pozdrav fantje. Imam nekaj novega za pokazat. Nova proga v izdelavi:  

Hehe...moral sem;  

Posted Images

Pred 17 urami , mancSLO je napisal:

Kje je fora, da se organizirajo dirke (911, mazda, slab približek formule) z doma narejenimi avti? V igri jih je ....? 

Kaj pa bi ti vozil s "tovarniško" narejenimi dirkalniki? :)

Matjaž, odgovor bo verjetno Terzićev. Čeprav je bilo teden dni kasneje, ko je bil grid poln (24 pravi Miha), že spet samo 5 prijavljenih. Saj sem tudi jaz delal kombinacije  "doma" narejenih prog in avtov na mancslo server že pred časom. Torej, ni kaj bi jaz vozil, kot si ti razumel moj post, ampak za kaj ne vozimo tistega, kar igra ponuja?

Uredil - mancSLO
  • 2 weeks later...

RD: Hello, many thanks for the opportunity to have a chat with you today. I wanted to open this little Q&A by asking you to introduce yourselves and tell us a little about what you do day to day over at Kunos Simulazioni?

MM: Marco Massarutto, 43 years old, I'm the co-founder of the company and I lead the production of content, licensing, PR, as well the commercial and legal aspects of our activities.

SC: I [Stefano Casillo] am one of the founders and lead programmer at Kunos Simulazioni. I wrote most of the basic engines at the base of Assetto Corsa.

AV: Hi I’m Aris Vasilakos and I’m responsible for vehicle physics input and User Interface graphics.

RD: Thanks guys. So it’s now customary in these Q&A’s to start off with some light questions about yourselves. First things first, what cars do you guys drive on a day to day basis at home, being Italians I would expect something cool and bad on fuel… (laughs)

MM: Mercedes Slk premium (a more spicy than standard version), a Triumph Bonneville and an Alfa Romeo GT Junior '71: actually the worst on fuel, but I couldn't care less...

SC: I come from a (yet another) intercontinental relocation so right now I just ride a bicycle to be fully in line with my new country of residence: The Netherlands, where it seems to be the main form of transportation (more bikes than people here).

AV: Nowadays I drive a BMW 330d E91 wagon. Family, necessity to do long trips with decent fuel consumption and stupid Italian car taxes make this the best compromise I could do. It’s a bit tuned to make me happy, but I get my medicine from circuit tests with other cars as I’m lucky enough to be trusted and able to do.

RD: On the topic of circuit tests, seeing as you are based right next to a real world racetrack in the shape of Vallelunga, what sort of track experience do you guys have yourselves, and how does it compare to its virtual counterpart?

MM: I've got an amatorial experience of 3 years in karting, then I moved on motorbikes (not competitions, just track days with my Daytona: riding on track -for me- is much better than driving any car on track). I've had my first car-track experience in 2003 in Misano with BMW, and by 5 years I've regularly the chance to drive in Vallelunga lot of nice cars - Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, BMW M4, etc. I've driven three times at Nordschleife, and also on all tracks included in AC, during our surveys. With Aris we had the chance to drive some Lotus models much before their official launch on the market, at the Lotus track in Hetel, and it was a great experience, but the Nordschleife is my favourite one.

SC: It always surprises me how quickly I get over the first emotional impact of sitting in a car and step into a weird "hold on, I know how to do this" mind state thanks to sims. At Vallelunga it takes me as long as it takes to get to the Cimini corner, once I brake and throw the car in there, I am pretty much in the zone already.

AV: Modesty apart, plenty of track experience with a very wide range of car types. Personally I find sim-driving and real driving on a track a very very similar experience. Obviously there are differences but that’s my job, find them, analyze them and try to eliminate them.

RD: Be honest, who’s the quickest driver [virtual] over at Kunos then?

MM: Aris and Luca Sodano are very close to each other, Stefano is faster than me at the simulator (not the Dallara one, though..).

SC: It should be Aris in both virtual and non virtual although I'm not sure I've seen him competing in a long time and because of that, Luca Sodano might have a little edge on him right now.. we should have some serious races to find out.

AV: Obviously me… Seriously, as Stefano said, maybe Luca has a slight edge on me now, but I still think I’m better with car control over the limit because I’m more trained on that. I’m also better with setups.

RD: Back to the digital world, could you share with us what your favourite racing / road car is to drive outside of Assetto Corsa?

MM: I spent ages with the Ferrari 458 Italia at Nordschleife in Gran Turismo 5, and I had nice times with the Mazda MX-5 Cup in iRacing.

SC: I enjoy the Skip Barber in rFactor 2 a lot. No idea if it's realistic or not but surely it's an handful.

AV: I’ve heard good things lately for the iRacing F1 McLaren but haven’t found the time to try it properly. It’s been really tight in terms of free time lately at KS.

RD: When not driving the digital recreations or hosting developer lives streams, do you play any other type of game? What’s in your virtual library at the moment that you might play in your free time?

MM: My library is full of games that I don't have the time to play. I love platforms (Ori and the Blind Forest, Counterspy PS4), Alien Isolation and those game that pushes the hardware at the best. I purchase also most of all racing titles available, even the ones I don't like, looking for some inspiration and to measure where we are in terms of gameplay, graphics, physics, and so on.

SC: Not as much as I would like. .. I just bought Naval Action and I am enjoying it a lot. I've been trying to find the time for Elite Dangerous for ages, but I keep failing. I spent some nice hours in Football Manager and Pixel Piracy.

AV: As I said before, not much free time so lately I’m watching my 11 year old son, exploring the Elite Dangerous universe and I’m both proud and jealous of him.

RD: What is, for you, the most important aspect in a race simulation?

MM: The driving experience: if I don't get the right feeling with the car, all the rest doesn't keep me on it. The driving experience must come with a nice selection of cars.

SC: Coherence, things should work together and support the illusion of being there. I find a lot of projects tend to obsess over 1 or 2 minor details losing the overall vision. We've been guilty of this (and probably still are) but I think the main strength in AC is the fact that we're trying to evolve everything at the same level.

AV: Driving experience. I’m in it for the driving sensation. Everything else is very important but always comes second in the priority list. I just love driving too much I guess.

corvette_c7_2015.jpg

RD: Kunos have a number of highly regarded titles in its back catalogue prior to Assetto Corsa but are still a relatively small team compared to some larger groups in the sim world, how many people do you have working at in the studio currently?

MM: We have a core team of 10 members, and about 17-20 freelance graphics modelers.

RD: Obviously the advantages of being based at a real circuit are utilized in the development of the game we all know and love and we’ve seen images of drivers such as former Ferrari Grand Prix pilot Nicola Larini playing AC in the past. When you get professional drivers having a go in your offices, and how do they compare it to their real life race cars?

MM: It's just a matter of personal attitude. Some of them are very competitive and they try to give their best whatever they do, some others tell you “I know what to do” before you say hello, and then crash at the very first corner (and not rarely they do the same later, on the real track...).

With the Grosser Racing (official GT3 Lamborghini team) we had one of the best experiences, since Shinya Michimi (official driver) he's also a very good simracer, and he pays us a visit each time he comes to Vallelunga for tests. The last time also the Team Principal wanted to try Assetto Corsa, and now they are setting a complete race simulator featuring Assetto Corsa PRO in their factory, inviting us to help them to tweak everything at the best.

SC: Feedback quality varies a lot from driver to driver. It comes down to character and familiarity with a simulation environment. Usually they are surprisingly good... but I confess that I find conversations with race engineers way more interesting.

AV: You need to understand how drivers give feedback. 9 times out of 10, they do not judge the realism of the sim, but the handling of the car, and professional race drivers always complain about their cars. When their race engineer give us the thumbs up saying that they give the same complains for the real car, then we know we are close. The most satisfying part though is having them drive right away, taking the same lines, trying the same things as in the real car and never have a strange spin. They focus on driving and not trying to understand the sim and how to stay on track. This is the best feedback we can get.

Ferrari_Fxx_k.jpg

RD: Along a similar line, does real life driver feedback get incorporated into the sim, and if so how useful has that been in developing the physics and feel of the game?

MM: We have found a common path: take two-three drivers, allow them to drive the same simulation featuring the same conditions. The faster will say “perfect, the sim is great”, the slower “the real car doesn't drive like that, it's oversteering, understeering, whatever”. This means that the simulation is good, because actually they say the same about their real cars! Jokes apart, if you can choose to talk with race engineers, is always better because they give you numbers, and numbers never lie.

SC: Driver feedback is usually too high-level to be directly reflected in the game. I suppose Aris might find it interesting to work on setup defaults. As per Marco's comments, race engineers' data and observations are usually way easier to translate into something tangible to insert into the game.

AV: Driver feedback is very interesting to understand what the race engineers and telemetry data won’t tell you. In tyre behaviour and car handling, there are still obscure data that are not known or simply not measured. In real life, many times a professional driver will complain about a car handling characteristic that cannot be explained with the data in hand by the engineers. That can happen because the driver might have a driving style that goes a bit too far away from the optimum way a car has to be driven… Being tyre heating, aero imbalance or whatever else. If you know well enough the driver, and you know where your data might lack information and you have the experience, you might find out interesting situations and test it in the simulator.

RD: VR and Triple Screen usage continues to rise in sim racing and is already incorporated quite successfully in game. With the recent release of Oculus Rift lighting up the marketplace how are plans developing to improve and implement support for these items coming on and do you plan anything exiting our VR using readers might like to know?

MM: In my personal opinion, 21:9 single screens work better than a triple screen solution and now they feature 4k resolution: easier to [configure], and supported by more games. About the Oculus, our priority now is to close and release the console version of Assetto Corsa, and then we'll see how we can support the customer version: since the latest SDK has been almost totally changed, we can't just “update” our code, we need to rewrite it, more or less.

SC: We'll do our best to support new technologies like VR.

Nordschleife_updated.jpg

RD: Assetto Corsa features many fantastically replicated cars and tracks that are used in endurance racing, and from the '2016 and Beyond' letter it sounds like there are many more on the way. With this in mind, will we see Multiplayer receive the necessary updates to facilitate endurance and semi-endurance races (i.e. time of day progression, timed races, driver swaps)?

SC: The first 2 are firmly in my To-Do list already, driver swap it's not and I don't think we'll be touching that for Assetto Corsa v1.x

RD: Also on the topic of multiplayer / player to player interaction could we have a little insight into the developer’s thoughts about a robust player ranking system similar to the system we see in titles like iRacing?

MM: I understand the will of sim racers to get a robust player ranking system like the one featured in iRacing. On the other side, I also think that is fair as well that a racing simulation that costs 40 Eur can't feature the same service of one that costs about 100/year, not to mention the cost of each single content. Therefore it's just reasonable that iRacing features this kind of multiplayer system.

SC: It's an important feature. We support it via a server plugin architecture. I don't see us getting directly involved with this.

RD: The selection of cars in AC is already excellent with a nice combination of road and track machines. It seems the current model is to release single item cars, would the possibility of a fully licensed series appeal to Kunos and is it something we might see in future?

MM: It's something that we could take in consideration in future for a stand-alone product: however a fully licensed series is too demanding to be produced as a sort of additional pack for Assetto Corsa. The challenge is that you must choose the right series, because investments are huge and if you don't get the right trend, it might be an epic fail for a little company.

SC: It could be a nice challenge for us as we never had this kind of experience before.

RD: When creating these many exotic beauties how does the team gather the physics data for the cars, do you have close relationships with the manufactures and access to data or is it based more on driving ‘feel’ and research?

MM: Being our Studio inside a racing circuit has been dramatically important for us: when you negotiate with car manufacturers, you discuss with their merchandising & licensing departments, not with their engineers. So it's very difficult to let them understand why we need some kind of data. But when we have the chance to show - directly in our office - what we do and why we need so much information about their cars, everything becomes much easier. And often racing teams and car manufacturers that were skeptical about our requests start to use our technology, while their marketing departments push to use AC for their promotional events.

SC: We have a big excel sheet with data we request. The data we receive back varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, sometimes it's awesome, sometimes it's great, sometimes it's disappointing. Considering the amount of secrecy and competition level in the world we're trying to simulate this is hardly surprising. It's sometimes fun to receive weird answers or comments like "why you need this data? You really simulate that? For a video game?”

AV: The data that arrives from the manufacturers are the first to go in the sim and are “locked up”. This means once they are verified they will not change at all, during the car simulation development. Then we will try to take our own measurements from the car. Many times this is possible thanks to many privateers that are nice and enthusiastic to have the car measured by us in order to recreate it in our sim. Having good friends in the engineering department of many automotive companies, also helps a lot. We can’t thank enough those anonymous behind the scenes people. Finally testing the car on track is always a great way to validate the data. Another great help is the experience of years and years of data handling. It helps us to understand the manufacturer or engineering decisions behind each car. Nowadays we can see a suspension design and tell you from what car is coming from. Or we can see how each manufacturer is taking clues or even “copying” solutions from another… it’s almost like reading the “matrix” sometimes.

RD: Assetto Corsa has many impressive licence agreements already in place, could we expect more new announcements in 2016?

MM: Maserati is the latest announcement but not the last...

SC: *Points to Marco...*

RD: On a similar note, if money and other boundaries were no issue, which marques would you ideally like to see in the sim?

MM: Actually, after Ferrari and Lamborghini... nothing can stop us! The challenge now is much more related to tracks: there are some we really would like to include in AC, but we consider their economic requests definitely too high. Not for our budget, but for a matter of principle. I know you would like to know which ones, but I'm not going to tell you.

SC: I already got a nice present from Marco with the RedBull Ring. Personally I'd love Oulton Park on a Ferrari 250 GTO.

AV: Prototype C era from the 80s-90s has created the most beautiful and technically impressive cars in my eyes… although I’m not so sure they were “fun” to drive… exciting for sure, but probably very tricky.

RD: With a move to consoles upcoming this year, can you tell us a little more about how this is progressing?

MM: Bringing on console the same experience provided on PC has been very challenging, and the decision to not freeze the development on PC made things even more complicated. But it also allowed us to provide a fine-tuned and polished product on all formats, not to mention some new licenses and content that it would not be possible to bring on a PC-Only product, like the Lamborghini, or others. Now that we are completing the work on version 1.5, we are entering in the most critical phase of beta testing: I believe that also PC users will appreciate the general improvements the new version will bring also to the Steam version of AC.

SC: It's progressing to kill us nicely. I'd say we're in the worst period of every software: the finish up stage. To quote one of the devs working on the console: "We have completed 90% of the work, now all it is left to do is complete the remaining 90%".

AV: My divorce lawyer says it’s going pretty well…

22.jpg

RD: Will both PC and console versions be largely the same or do you expect each to have a different feel / content / experience than the original PC edition?

MM: Except for the user interface, content is the same for all versions, as well as the features and driving feeling. Like any other game available both on PC and consoles, of course on Hi-end PCs you can get the best experience possible.

SC: It's the same software, unsurprisingly really, considering the size of the team. The console version has a brand new UI front end. I expect to be nothing less than exactly the same.

RD: AC has some pretty advanced graphics on high PC settings, are you intending to run 60fps on console? How is that shaping up at the minute?

MM: This is our goal: the advantage in working on console is that you have ONE hardware and you can use each resource at your best, and during the optimization process even just one frame earned is always a good thing. On the other side, PS4 and XB1 offer limited resources, andAssetto Corsa not being conceived for this hardware since the beginning, we needed to re-think our rendering engine. In the end, the gap in terms of appearance between PC and console will be light enough.

SC: Pretty well on the PS4. We are having quite a bit more problems on the Xbox One but it seems to be the same for every dev out there.

RD: Of course AC has now been in progress for quite a few years and is already a fairly polished title, do you expect development to stop in the near future and work to begin on a sequel?

MM: Before taking any decision, we'll wait and see how things will go. Our wish is to support Assetto Corsa as long as possible, and for sure we are not thinking or working already on a sequel.

SC: It will happen eventually, it's inevitable... but not yet.

RD: Speaking of “AC2”, has the team at Kunos given much thought on what this will look like? Are we thinking of an improved AC1 or will it be a totally different concept to the original game?

MM: Believe me, we don't have a secret book in our office titled “Assetto Corsa 2”. We just know that the first two features for AC2 will be night&rain, even if we create a space game! About the concept, we recognize that Assetto Corsa has been – and still is - the most exciting professional experience we ever had, but producing a “standard” sequel, would mean to feature 200% of cars, tracks and features, and our Studio is not Turn 10 or Polyphony (and actually, Stefano and I are not interested to lead a studio of 100 people), so an Assetto Corsa 2 might feature a different concept. But it's too early to think seriously about it, and a lot will depend also by how people will welcome AC on PS4 and XB1.

SC: It'll have rain and night for sure.

RD: Version 1.4 was a massive improvement in many different areas of the sim, however as is human nature this is soon forgotten and thoughts drift to the next big patch… what can we expect to see in the next update of Assetto Corsa and when do you expect it to hit our game?

MM: All the circuits released within the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa will be updated, offering much better details to offer the same appearance of the latest, and also the Nordschleife will receive an update.

SC: Consoles have all our attention for these couple of months. The next PC update will hopefully feature new cars, single player pit stops, timed races, time progression in multiplayer and I think Aris is doing a lot of realignment work on the physics.

AV: Yup, tyre physics realignment, improvements as well as some new work on aerodynamics with some extra candy from Stefano. Pretty excited to be honest, but it takes little to keep me excited so yeah… we’ll see.

RD: Again keeping with the update theme I assume fans will be treated to another ‘Dream Pack’ instalment in future, could you share with us some clues as to what we may be expecting? Maybe a sneaky teaser image possibly (laughs)?

MM: A recent teaser unveiled the Ferrari FXX K, that will be part of a future pack also on PC, as well as the Ferrari 488 GTB, a real pleasure to drive.

24.jpg

RD: It looks to me like AC is quickly becoming the modding platform of choice with some outstanding community additions in recent times, such as the Lamborghini Muira which has been adopted into the main core of the game as official content. How much involvement and support from the KS guys happens in the modding community?

MM: Thanks to the modding support of AC, some very talented modders already work directly with us on the production on official content: saying that, while we continue to support the modding community improving those features and tools they need to create their own content, we prefer to take care personally about all the official cars and tracks included in AC.

RD: Rumour has it that the exclusive Porsche licence comes up for renewal soon, any chance of seeing some of the German sports and racing cars in future DLC for AC? Have you already spoken to Porsche about this possibility?

MM: Rumours can be troublesome, and our plans already confirmed for 2016 will take us very busy even without Porsche.

RD: While still discussing content, it appears that classic additions are always popular in AC and other titles. I’d personally like to take this opportunity to bend your ear and find out if we can expect to see more cars to be added to the classic GT and touring car classes? I’m thinking such things as 90s DTM, 60s/70s touring cars, 90s GT, Group C, etc.

MM: This kind of cars is the most complicated to reproduce, because of the lack of CAD and references, as well as technical data. However, we'll continue to work on classic content, even if they can't have the priority on new ones.

RD: In our recent ‘Sim Racing: Looking back on 2015’ poll AC has received over double the number of votes to its nearest rival for most impressive progression during the previous year. That must make you guys proud of how things are going and shows you must be on the right tracks with development of the title so far?

MM: There is always margin for improvement, we love our job, and having the possibility to express ourselves and our passion with Assetto Corsa it's a privilege for us, and it makes things “easier”. The enthusiasm we see around Assetto Corsa is important as well, and through the years we learned to filter the constructive criticisms by other sterile complains that aren't useful for anyone. For example, look at what some PC users said when we announced Assetto Corsa for PS4 and XB1, and look at what Assetto Corsa is at the end of 2015, on PC. And we are still improving it.

RD: Maintaining the subject of product pride, what do you consider to be your greatest / most proud achievement so far in the life of Assetto Corsa, and why?

MM: For me, the driving experience achieved in Assetto Corsa performing those licensed content, all done by an independent company with a core team of 10 people. In Italy... Personally, I couldn't be more proud.

RD: Almost finished now… so do you guys want to tell us anything else that we haven’t already covered so far in this interview? This is a chance to speak directly to our many thousands of readers here at RaceDepartment.com who follow with interest the development of Assetto Corsa.

MM: I would really like to thanks all the community and the gamers for your support. At the beginning Assetto Corsa was conceived to features less than 20 cars and 5 tracks. We worked really hard, and at our best, we think maybe we have done a good job (even if we are the first to never be satisfied) but the support of the community has been very, very important for the present and the future of Assetto Corsa and for the future of our company. So, thank you so-much.

RD: Well I will end this interview in the same way I always do… an unashamed attempt to secure a RaceDepartment exclusive piece of news! Anything you want to share with our many readers that isn’t already widely known in the sim community?

MM: Even if you probably heard already about them, I confirm that Ferrari FXX K and Ferrari 488 GTB will be licensed also for the Steam version of Assetto Corsa, and even if we are still working on those content, they are a blast.

Big thanks go out to Marco Massarutto, Stefano Casillo and Aristotelis Vasilakos from Kunos Simulazioni for generously giving their time to answer our questions here today. Please visit the Assetto Corsa section of RaceDepartment for all the latest news regarding this sim.

If you enjoy Assetto Corsa (or even if you have yet to sample its delights) don't forget to check out our Assetto Corsa Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment. You are sure to find a friendly atmosphere and great racing from the front to the back on the grid.

Assetto Corsa is available to buy now on the Steam platform for Windows PC and is coming soon to XBOX ONE and PS4.

Enjoyed the interview? Have something to say about anything that was discussed in this piece or just generally want to let your opinions on the game be known to the community? Well leave a comment below and enjoy the discussion!

• 2 weeks later...

Server ONLINE

RandomRacingTeam Classics

Ford Escort - Grobnik 

Q: 15min

R: 20 krogov

Grip: 95%  1%/25 krogov

Server bo online celo noč, js bom pa v nočni. Mal sprobajte kombinacijo, če bo interes, užgemo za vikend eno dirko, da mal presekamo to mrtvilo :)

Uredil - 57X
  • 2 weeks later...

AC v1.5 Dev Diary – Part 2/3

In our previous diary we told you about the new “Black Cat County” scenic track that will allow you to focus on pure driving pleasure, giving you also the opportunity to rediscover some of the legendary cars that were not originally designed for the track by their manufacturers.
Before we would go deeper into some of the new features and improvements that will come with the new build in the third part of the diary, let us say a few words about what you can expect in the new version of Assetto Corsa in terms of new and updated content.

Three new cars
Assetto Corsa 1.5 brings to our users two car models highy requested by our fans, plus a little surprise that we are glad to give you as well, the little Abarth 595.

The Ford Mustang 2015 is the latest revisiting of what is probably the most iconic american car ever.A proper V8 of traditional 302 cubic inches (4951cc for the rest of the world) under the bonnet, delivers a healthy 435hp at 6500rpm. A round and plenty 400 lb-ft@4500rpm of torque (again over 540Nm for Europeans) is also available at any time. Now you might think that all this muscle can hit the wall very fast (power!) and then move the wall much further (torque!). After all 1700kg of weight is certainly not the definition of lightness… But if you think that’s muscle built with fast food and light beer, you’d be very wrong. The latest American muscle cars are built with many hours of hard work at the gym, using the latest technologies to improve flexibility and agility. You name it, you got it.
Front McPherson strut double lower links on separated ball joint in pure BMW fashion?  Check!
Massive 6-piston front brake callipers? Check! 4-piston rear brake callipers? Check!
Massive 19” 255 front and 275 rear Pirelli P Zero tyres? Check! Torsen rear differential? Check!
and finally, get ready for it, a true independent multilink rear suspension!
If all of this sounds very similar to an M3 E92, maybe you’re right or maybe someone on the other side of the Atlantic ocean was doing his homework… the end result is a car that can stay composed and neutral when pushed, but at the same time produce so much tyre smoke that NASA scientists might accuse you as the main cause for climate change.

Are we done? Not really. If the Mustang is transformed into a fitness hero, the new Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray has Usain Bolt level of performance! A true purebred that has evolved into one of the greatest sports cars available today. They say America is the land of excess and surely in an era of engine downsizing we can’t do other than admire this “small block” V8 of 6.2 litres that easily produces 460hp at 6000rpm and 630Nm of torque at 4600. Let me say that again, six hundred and thirty newton-meters of torque… Watch out how you press the accelerator or people will complain that they had one hour less of sleep again and this time it won’t be because of the daylight-saving but because you sped up the rotation of the Earth! You think the excess would end up in the engine? How about a 7-speed manual – yes you read that correctly – gearbox. All-around independent suspension with active magnetorheological dampers is available to the Z51 option. The active limited slip rear differential always provide the optimum traction aided by the 20” 285 wide rear tyres.
The end result is impressive. The handling is extremely neutral and very capable. Overwhelming at times when you expect a car with such power to just spin its tyres and drift but instead just grips and goes! Chassis and suspension work perfectly together and lap times are impressive. It’s not a coincidence that in terms of handling and grip is compared to the finest European sports cars and… often comes out as the winner! Be careful though. As it is so focused on grip and performance, it might not always like been driven at an angle and might turn around and bite you.
On top of all of that, its straight-line performance is impressive as you might expect. 0–60mph in less than 4 seconds, standing mile (400m) in 12.3 seconds and a top speed of over 180mph (290kmh). And all this from the… base model.  American muscle you say? Think again as this muscle is so lean and explosive it can put to shame many of the European beliefs and traditions.

Last but not least… ok well maybe it is last after all.

The little Abarth 595 ss

The Abarth 595 EsseEsse brings you back to the glories of the ‘60s, when people began to consider that cars were no longer a luxury item for a select few but an accessory to evolving and improving their lifestyle. Especially in Italy, the Fiat 500 represents an icon that every family has owned at least once. Abarth decided to tune this car to its best – so we did as well – tuning the Abarth version and giving it some decent power with two additional “S” versions.  An interesting fact: the performance granted by the little 595 was considered very good in the ‘60s, and we like to think that in Assetto Corsa you can also taste and appreciate the technological evolution between the two centuries in terms of handling, balance, braking strength, torque and sheer power. Therefore, we are very glad to offer you this “small but actually quite big” icon of the Italian automotive industry that we believe will be a favourite choice for relaxed and fun multiplayer races.

A new layout for Vallelunga

Prior to 2005, “Trincea” was the most challenging bend on the Vallelunga circuit before it was modified to host Formula 1 tests. Trincea (“trench”) is a blind high-speed corner that joins the straight after “Ciminis” to the slower section of the circuit. On the real track, in spite of Trincea being permanently closed, the road is still there and it has been captured in our laser-scan point cloud, which is why we decided to give you the thrill this bend was able to offer, bringing the number of layouts available for “our” home circuit up to three.

Vallelunga classic

Sound environment

The 1.5 version brings some interesting updates regarding sounds, an element absolutely relevant to guaranteeing proper immersion and to get you in the car. As we are gaining experience with FMOD, we can take further advantage of its features, while we continue to expand our recordings database. Thanks to our relationship with racing teams and their kind cooperation, we aim to keep improving our recording techniques and the overall product.
We always take into consideration our users’ feedback, so the 1.5 build finally features basic reverb effects along the tracks and the car sounds are differentiated by internal and external cameras. This means that cockpit cameras use internal sounds, while you can hear the powerful intake sound from the bonnet camera or the distinctive exhaust sound from the chase camera. This vastly enhances immersion and realism and gives modders the chance to further enhance their amazing projects.
Additionally, we now provide an in-game app that permits changing sound volumes on the fly, so you are not forced to exit a game session. And that’s not all, since the free cameras now use the same distance attenuation of the track cameras, this is also great news for race broadcasters and video makers.
Not only does the build bring new features, but also many fixes as well, most importantly gear shift and backfires sounds are now shared by the engine volume. Sounds are also an important information to the driver: now you can hear the bottom of the car scraping against the asphalt or any other surfaces.

Graphics 

The 1.5 version also takes an important advantage from the strong and direct connection with the porting process of the code to the consoles, and brings improvements and new features in the graphics department. Post-processing filters have been improved, and the improvements also affect how the cars look. The graphics of the internal instruments have been improved, as well as car details, shaders and materials. The new build features two new driving views: an additional exterior view and the “dashcam”, based on the suggestions given by real drivers and simracers and feedback from our PS4 press tour in January: in the absence of triple screen support on consoles, it was requested that we add an internal view that is set as close to the dashboard as possible without showing steering wheel and driver hands, conceived to be ideal when driving on a simulator rig. We listened, finding the ideal position on each single car that not only improves overall immersion but also allow the driver to see better from cars that feature wraparound cockpits that block peripheral view. These new visuals are now available also on PC. Up until recently, backfire graphics did not follow the overall evolution of the production. Finally,  they have been completely redesigned, and now they match perfectly the engine behaviour, granting a better graphics performance as well.

Graphics improvements

We have already mentioned the improvements brought to all circuits featured in Assetto Corsa but let’s go a bit more into details. The first point is that these improvements do not have a negative effect on performance but add camera facing support for crowd on stands.
The overall look of the tracks has been upgraded with new textures, different shaders and various 3D modifications. Many tracks have now new trackside objects such as cranes, tents, TV vans that give a better racing immersion. The use of camera facing spectators has been extended to all tracks on several grandstands.
All race tracks received more or less the same treatment with some undergoing a more thorough overhaul. Some noticeable updates include: Nurburgring GP, Vallelunga, Monza, Imola have all been updated to newer versions and now feature new textures and improved shaders for tarmac, sand, curbs, grass, new trees and 3D trees, improved tyre marks, several new trackside objects, and upgraded environments.
In the final part of this dev-diary we’ll be focused on physics, tyre model, multiplayer and artificial intelligence, and we’ll take a look also to what there’s beyond the 1.5 build of Assetto Corsa.

- New Abarth 595esseesse and S1, S2 upgrades
- New Ford Mustang GT 2015
- New Corvette C7 Stingray
- New Black Cat County track
- Nurburgring gp circuit updated
- Nurburgring gp circuit now with 4 layouts
- Silverstone circuit updated
- Monza circuit updated
- Spa circuit updated
- Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit updated
- Nurburgring Nordschleife endurance cup layout added
- Mugello circuit updated
- Magione circuit updated
- Imola circuit updated
- Drift circuit updated
- Vallelunga circuit updated
- Vallelunga classic layout added
- Vallelunga circuit (all layouts) now has 24 car slots
- Activated time progression in Multiplayer
- Damage is now visible in Multiplayer mode for remote cars
- Launcher: steam overlay support disabled due to stability issues
- Launcher: re-instated multi-process mode for CEF due to stability issues
- Launcher: changes to memory usage policy, more aggressive memory releasing thresholds
- Fixed Lamborghini Miura gearbox damage
- Updated drivetrain upshift and downshift timings for all cars
- F6 inside cameras use internal sounds
- Free camera now honours distance multiplier for sound attenuation
- Of all Drivable cameras only Cockpit uses internal sounds
- Transmission sound can have its own volume (by default it shares engine volume, otherwise it uses the TRANSMISSION value set in audio.ini)
- Gearshift sound shares engine volume
- Backfire sound shares engine volume
- Fixed car sound when bottoming out
- Realtime app shows lapped guys (blue) and lapping guys (green)
- Fixed FuelLapEvaluation function
- Fixed fuel consumption on turbo engines
- Fixed inconsistency on UI tech specs
- Modding : added FormCamera functionality to associate internal/external soundset
- Modding : added console commands "observeLights" and "observeFlames" (work as observeDigital); EDIT_MODE is deprecated
- Modding : added Digital Instrument KERS_CHARGE (percentage)
- Modding : added Digital Instrument TOTAL_LAPS (if session is not race then "---")
- Modding : added Digital Instrument CURRENT_LAP
- Modding : added Digital Instrument EST_LAPS (if est is less than 0 then "--.-")
- Modding : added Digital Instrument AMBIENT_TEMP
- Modding : added Digital Instrument FUEL_CONS (UNITS: MPG_UK, MPG_US, L100 or "Kms per Liter" if missing)
- Modding : added Digital Instrument PLACE_HOLDER to avoid fixed digits on texture (use TEXT)
- Modding : added ON_BOARD_LOOKBACK_OFFSET in car.ini
- All tyres now use V7 with brand new heating values (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
- All tyres now use V7 with brand new falloff level and speed (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet) 
- Changed all tyres flex and pressure relation.
- Changed all tyres footprint and pressure relation
- Modified global aero efficiency with yaw angle. Works on all cars
- Added new aero.ini version=3 with new YAW_CL_GAIN values that can stall wings depending on yaw angle
- Yaw angle stalling wings and diffusers for GT2/GT3 cars and Mercedes C9 and Lotus 98T
- All GT2/GT3 cars now have minimum height 55mm
- 200,400,500,1000,2000 meters drag circuits now available
- Modding : ksPreviewBuilder added to sdk/dev folder
- Python Interface:
- initFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
- setCustomFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
- getCameraMode()
- setCameraMode(acsys.CM)
- getCameraCarCount(carId)
- setCameraCar(F6 camera index, carId)
- focusCar(carId)
- getFocusedCar()
- getServerName()
- getServerIP()
- getServerHttpPort()
- getServerSlotsCount()
- isCarInPitline(carId)
- isCarInPit(carId)
- isConnected(carId)
- getCarBallast(carId)
- getCarState(carId)
- eKersCharge
- eKersInput
- totally revamped backfire system (will not break mods)
- added new F1 "dash camera" and "Chase camera #2"
- CameraManager : fixed issue globalCameraIndex
- Fixed Camera selection on Replay Interface
- Fixed CameraApp to reflect Dash and Chase changes
- Fixed Camera system messages
- Fixed Random camera wrong cameras + message
- added CameraOnBoard offset to avoid car parts on view
- added new driver model with lod
- added Fuel Lut to solve issues with several cars gauges
- SharedMemory : added new members
- SPageFilePhysics
float turboBoost = 0;
float ballast = 0;
float airDensity = 0;
- SPageFileGraphic
int isInPitLine = 0;
float surfaceGrip = 0;
- SPageFileStatic
float maxTurboBoost = 0;
float airTemp = 0;
float roadTemp = 0;
bool penaltiesEnabled = false;
float aidFuelRate = 0;
float aidTireRate = 0;
float aidMechanicalDamage = 0;
bool aidAllowTyreBlankets = false;
float aidStability = 0;
bool aidAutoClutch = false;
bool aidAutoBlip = false;
- fixed several cars still featuring dashboard "floating" digits
- fixed car scraping volume
- added first implementation of Force Feedback Post Processing (docs in cfg/ff_post_process.ini)
- improved camber calculations
- improved tyre heating on low friction surfaces (grass,sand etc)
- added new "Tyres" app (work in progress)
- Server lap counters and lap times are now 16 bit unsigned ints allowing super long sessions/races

Kdaj bo to online dammit?=D

sem že malo nestrpen, sedaj so se mi izpolnile otroške sanje in bi rad zadevo probal na treh ekranih. edino nisem še uspel ugotovit zakaj imam na levem in desnem ekranu toliko bolj razpotegnjene objekte (po višini).
pa običajno si moram pozicijo voznika v avtu nastavit, čisto nazaj, da se že skoraj vidi sedež.

ima kdo kakšen pameten nasvet?

Uredil - 4matic